I’m a design wannabe. I want to refashion, redecorate and redo.

To shift from stylishly-plain to remarkably chic... Moss Abode a la Mode.


Goodwill Hunting

April 19, 2010

In our effort to revitalize, we've begun in earnest to clear out any unused, unnecessary and unwanted items.  So much so, that I've made three trips to Goodwill this weekend.  Mind you, most of it was baby/kids stuff, but it was eating up a lot of space in our garage and various closets throughout the house.

Now, I've been known to scour Craigslist to find certain pieces I think would fit in our house, but I haven't been much of a Goodwill, yard sale or thrift store shopper. 

I think I need to become one.

Look what someone left at the drop-off on Saturday:



Marble-topped dresser and nightstands (the tops were in one of the bins).  Absolutely gorgeous!  And in pristine condition.

After unsuccessfully attempting to sweet-talk the nice young man into letting me just load them into my car, I got to thinking, did their owner try to sell them at a yard sale or on Craigslist?  Did they try in vain to sell them and then decide to just unload them at Goodwill because they couldn't?  Did no one in their family want to take them off their hands?!

They say one person's trash is another person's treasure, and whoever lands these beauts is one lucky treasure hunter.

3 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

So you mean to tell me that this was where??????

Tammy@InStitches said...

That is pretty amazing that someone dropped those off, they are gorgeous !

Rashon Carraway said...

Dropped off? Who in the world! By the way, I love this posting's title. I wonder wonder why...lol

Mr. Goodwill Hunting
http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails